If you’re around my age, which is 20, do you remember which boy band you were in love with? Exactly. We’re clearly on the same page, or on the same long-lost posters of N’ Sync and the BackStreet Boys that once covered our walls. We all had a favorite; the blonde one, the one with curly hair and so on. But now, I don’t think most of them even have hair, except for one. He claims to have brought Sexy Back, wants to Rock Your Body and is forever in his Suit and Tie, the one, the only, Justin Timberlake! Please excuse me while I take a moment to hysterically fangirl over him and then cry him a river. So much is my compassion for him that I’ve compiled a list of as to why J.T is The Best Boy-Band Rebounder Of All Time:
1. Suit and Tie: Nothing is more appealing then a guy in a nice collared shirt and tie. Whether it’s worn untucked with jeans, a loose tie and fedora, or business professional with a vest and dress shoes. It’s a look that can be worn both casual and formal, something just about anyone can pull off and I’d sincerely like to thank Justin for making this look so current. Although the hashtag curtailing to said ensemble is starting to get old.
2. The 20/20 Experience: My vision has cleared and I have seen the light! His most current album, The 20/20 Experience, with a second part due in September, is literally an experience. Personally, I’m ecstatic with anticipation for the second half since it’s precursor is so magnificent. It’s full of hypnotic beats, catchy, meaningful lyrics and instant chart toppers. Once again the Cry Me A River crooner displays his artistic skills of channelling his emotions and life events into music. He’s set his music apart by combining R&B, pop and some techno into a harmonious and addicting sound coupled with engaging performances in which his dance moves spark the memory of MJ. It’s by far one of his best works to date. J.T has also been He’ll be going on tour again, after 9 years, with this album, so if you want to get a full frontal experience, he’ll be in Orlando on December 19th. Yes, I am dying a little because I don’t have tickets.
3. He’s married to Jessica Biel: Need I say more?
4. Five-Timers Club: No matter how rich, how famous or how influential you’ll be in life, you will never be a member of this exclusive club. In fact, only a select, special few people in society can proudly say they belong. And no, the President is not one of them. The Five Timers Club on Saturday Night Live (best show of all time) is only for celebrities who have hosted the show five times to date, which is a huge accomplishment in itself! Justin Timberlake recently joined the ranks of Tom Hanks, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin and a few more celebs in this great honor. His skit, “D*** in a Box” became the most viewed skit in SNL’s history. His acceptance into the club proves that not only is he a phenomenal artist with a great sense of humor, but an actor as well.
5. Broke the Boy Band Mold: Of all the people given a kernel of success, few have made it pop as much as Justin Timberlake. Once all about synchronized dance moves, matching outfits and songs crafted for the purpose of quantity and not quality, J.T has shaken all the boyband persona off and really made something of his opportunities. He’s set the bar for current heartthrob boy band members if they choose to pursue solo careers. He’s redefined who he is, his music and practically pioneered a new genre of music and sexy. Managing to separate himself from one title, N Sync, which was shared by five other guys, could have not been an easy task. I wonder how long he was known as “the short curly haired one from N Sync.” Instead, now he’s currently consistently trending on Twitter with the release of Jay-Z’s new album, Magna Carta, on which the song “Holy Grail” featuring Justin Timberlake, has been driving the interweb insane. It’s safe to say that he’s come a long way since the boy band days. Subsequently, Justin Timberlake’s hit (one of many) Sexy Back is partly inaccurate since it had never gone anywhere to begin with. But perhaps he’s referring to his transition from the ultimate boybander, to one of today’s most talented and acclaimed artists.
So a tip of the hat to you, Mr. Timberlake.
A Fan Forever.
— Maha Qureshi